Your daily dose of thought

Friday 8 July 2016

I would respect feminists if...



This clicked in my head as I sat staring blankly at the projector screen in my biology class...

The mitochondria is often described as the powerhouse of the cell since it is the only place where cellular respiration takes place. This chemical process releases ATP - which is used in active processes within the body, thus can be dubbed as the "energy" you need and the generator of this energy is the mitochondria hence it is the powerhouse. 

But what does any of this have to do with the title of this post? Have I finally gone made?
No. Not yet.

A very long time ago, before any multicellular life existed, mitochondria (which is an organelle) used to be a tiny cell that existed by itself. But throughout the course of evolution, by means of endosymbiosis (like the pacman effect, where the host cell eats up the smaller cell, and then reproduces) the larger modern day animal cells "ate" the mitochondria and reproduced to create animals and humans.*


Again you might be wondering, this man has gone insane. I should stop reading. I urge you to continue, as I am just about to make my point.

The interesting thing with mitochondria is, during fertilisation, when the male and female gametes fuse, the mitochondria in the sperm is all used up. What with all the traveling and breaking. So the mitochondria instilled into the zygote and subsequently the baby itself is the same mitochondria present in the ovum of the female. 

Now since the mitochondria is symbolic of the power of the cell; since the beginning of mankind, power has only been passed from the feminine - whether it be man or woman, black or white, tall or short. Not only are we birthed from their essence, but our very intrinsic strength is granted from their core. We are all a manifestation of strength that can only be granted by the feminine.

So, I would respect feminists if they grasped and accepted the symbolic power of my biology class philosophical meanders. 

But hey, what do I know? I'm just a man.

Share This
Designed By Blogger Templates